Plot & Details
In 1969, while Hong Kong is undergoing its own localized chaos -- fallout from the Cultural Revolution on the Chinese mainland -- taxi driver Ah-chung is hard-pressed to juggle the two women in his life and his ambition to own his own cab. One of the women is a wealthy socialite who pays for his intimate attentions. The other is his real girlfriend who, despite herself, is drawn to him. What's the problem? The girlfriend is ambitious too: she wants to land someone with real money, not just a hard-working cab driver. One highlight of this light-hearted romantic comedy is its use of music from the period.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/14/2001
- Distributor(s): Golden Harvest
- Director(s): Anthony Chan
- Starring: Kenny Bee , Maggie Cheung , Josephine Koo , Anthony Chan , Carrie Ng
- Themes: Love Triangles
- Tone: Atmospheric,Humorous
- Keywords: ambition, cab-driver, socialite, taxi
- Language: Cantonese