Plot & Details
Le Beau Marriage, aka The Perfect Marriage, is the second of Eric Rohmer's "Comedies et Proverbes". Beatrice Romand (the adolescent star of Rohmer's Claire's Knee, now nicely grown up) impulsively decides that Andre Dussolier-whom she barely knows--would make an ideal husband. Now she must convince him that she'll make an ideal wife. Leaving her old boy friend in the dust, Romand launches her single-purposed pursuit of Dussolier. But because she's jumped in and started swimming without first checking the waters, our headstrong heroine is in for a major disappointment. Even after she's down, however, Romand refuses to be counted out.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/20/2001
- DVD Release Date: 06/15/1999
- Director(s): Eric Rohmer
- Starring: Béatrice Romand , André Dussollier , Arielle Dombasle , Féodor Atkine , Huguette Faget
- Tone: Deliberate,Literate,Talky,Stylish
- Keywords: attraction, boyfriend, college-student, lawyer, marriage, obsession
- Language: French