Plot & Details
The harsh realities of life on the street merge with the universal themes of youthful pain and exhilaration in director Dito Montiel's telling tale of one boy's struggle to escape the grim fate that awaits his aimless, trouble-minded peers. For most of Montiel's friends, the only means of escaping their bleak surroundings were drugs, prison, or death. In breaking the cycle and making a name for himself as a filmmaker, Montiel showed that there are ways to overcome the urban malaise that consumed the majority of his friends. He couldn't have done it alone, though, and with this film Montiel pays tribute to those he left behind by bringing their story to the screen so that their struggles may give others in similar situations the courage to pursue a more positive, creative means of overcoming their anger.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/29/2006
- DVD Release Date: 02/20/2007
- Distributor(s): First Look
- Director(s): Dito Montiel
- Starring: Robert Downey, Jr. , Shia LaBeouf , Chazz Palminteri , Dianne Wiest , Channing Tatum
- Themes: Kids in Trouble,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Poignant,Reflective,Gritty
- Keywords: courage,determination,street-kid,struggle,violence
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-29-2006)
- Language: English