Plot & Details
Photographer and filmmaker Bruce Weber has often made his enthusiasms and obsessions a part of his work, and he introduces the world to several of the great loves of his life -- his dogs -- in this feature-length documentary. A Letter to True takes the form of an open letter to True, Weber's Golden Retriever, in which he discusses why he loves True and his other dogs, allowing some of his friends to share their own feelings about their pets. Along the way, Weber also writes about how he was impacted by the attacks of September 11, 2001, his admiration for the late photojournalist Larry Burrows, and how he became involved using his talents to aid Haitian refugees. Weber's relationship with his dogs, however, remains the film's focal point and he includes narration from Julie Christie and vocals from Marianne Faithful to accompany his footage of canines in their element.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 78min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/08/2004
- Distributor(s): Zeitgeist
- Director(s): Bruce Weber
- Starring: Dirk Bogarde , Elizabeth Taylor , Julie Christie , Marianne Faithfull , Bruce Weber
- Themes: Political Unrest,Death of a Friend,Man's Best Friend
- Tone: Affectionate,Gentle,Sentimental,Stirring,Lyrical,Meditative,Poignant
- Keywords: admiration, affection, animal-lover, dog, friendship, hope, human-spirit, letter, loyalty, peace, pets
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-08-2004)
- Language: English