Plot & Details
The disarming comedy A Little Romance features Diane Lane as a 13-year-old American, living in Paris with her businessman stepfather (Arthur Hill) and her promiscuous mother (Sally Kellerman). Mom is currently enamored with pretentious-filmmaker David Dukes, and it is on the set of Dukes' latest picture that Lane meets another 13-year-old, insatiable French film buff Thelonious Bernard. A likeable street-smart petty thief and gambler, Bernard is instantly attracted to Lane. With the help of roguish old Laurence Olivier, Lane and Bernard arrange a romantic rendezvous under the Bridge of Sighs in Venice. Naturally, when the kids disappear it's a cause for international concern, but all ends as it should. Some of the best moments in A Little Romance belong to Broderick Crawford, unselfconsciously playing "himself" at a movie party.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 110min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/07/2003
- Director(s): George Roy Hill
- Starring: Laurence Olivier , Arthur Hill , Sally Kellerman , Diane Lane , Thelonious Bernard
- Themes: Americans Abroad,Runaways,First Love
- Tone: Bittersweet,Light,Sweet,Stylish,Wistful,Witty
- Keywords: romance, Parisian, adolescence, coming-of-age, first-love, gifted/talented, kiss, pickpocket, runaway [from home], teenagers
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|1979||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Adapted Screenplay||Allan Burns||Nominated|
|1979||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Original Score||Georges Delerue||Won|