Plot & Details
Robert Altman cooled his "innovative" jets to make the innocuous romantic comedy A Perfect Couple. Marta Heflin plays a member of a boisterous rock group. Paul Dooley is a bashful bachelor from a tradition-bound Greek family. Heflin and Dooley meet via a computer dating service, whereupon all the expected comedy setups avail themselves, though most of these setups are played as seriously as if this film were MacBeth. The best moments are the scenes with Heflin's musical group, though there are far too many of these. While Perfect Couple didn't make a dime, it still represents one of Altman's better "chamber" films.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/06/2002
- DVD Release Date: 04/10/2007
- Director(s): Robert Altman
- Starring: Paul Dooley , Marta Heflin , Titos Vandis , Belita Moreno , Henry Gibson
- Themes: Opposites Attract
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Quirky
- Keywords: Greek [nationality], bachelor, computer-dating, relationship, rock-band