Plot & Details
James Fox stars as real-life British turncoat Anthony Blunt in A Question of Attribution. A highly respected art expert (he was Queen Elizabeth's personal art advisor), Blunt was also intimately involved in the Burgess-Maclean-Philby spy scandal of the 1950s. According to this 1992 adaptation of Alan Bennett's play, Blunt tipped his hand while restoring one of his precious Titians. John Schlesinger (Midnight Cowboy) directed this razor-sharp psychological melodrama. Originally produced for British television, the 90-minute A Question of Attribution premiered in the US on October 4, 1992, as part of PBS' Masterpiece Theatre.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 70min.
- Director(s): John Schlesinger
- Starring: James Fox , Geoffrey Palmer , David Calder , Edward de Souza
- Themes: Traitorous Spies/Double Agents,Life in the Arts,Crowned Heads
- Tone: Cerebral,Intimate,Literate,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: British, Cold-War, curator, espionage, professor, queen [royalty]
- Language: English