Plot & Details
A girl with powerful dreams for her future may not have the chance to live them out in this drama based on the novel by Davida Wills Hurwin. Samantha (Shiri Appleby) and Juliana (Larisa Oleynik) are a pair of high-school students who have been close friends for years. Both girls share a love of dancing, but while the more introverted Samantha sees dancing as a hobby and little more, the outgoing and upbeat Juliana has a genuine gift and dreams of attending Julliard. Determined to achieve her dreams, Juliana sets her sights on her Julliard audition while removing all distractions from her life -- including her boyfriend Eli (Scott Vickaryous). Juliana's life is turned upside down, however, when she learns she's contracted cancer, but while she wants to attend Julliard as if nothing has changed, her parents (Peter Coyote and Patricia Kalember) are vehemently opposed to the idea. Meanwhile Samantha worries about what her isolated life will be like without her best friend. A Time for Dancing was the first dramatic feature from cinematographer and documentary filmmaker Peter Gilbert.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/03/2004
- Distributor(s): StudioWorks Entertainment
- Director(s): Peter Gilbert
- Starring: Larisa Oleynik , Shiri Appleby
- Themes: Battling Illness,Dancer's Life,High School Life,Women's Friendship
- Tone: Bittersweet,Poignant,Reflective,Tearjerking
- Keywords: audition,cancer,college-admissions,dance [art],determination,diagnosis,disease,friendship
- Language: English