Plot & Details
Secret Agent 007 must stop a megalomaniacal technology mogul from destroying Silicon Valley in this fourteenth episode of the long-running James Bond series. Computer baron Max Zorin (Christopher Walken) is planning to trigger a major California earthquake in order to wipe out his competitors. Bond is dispatched to stop him in Europe, where he is partnered with Sir Godfrey Tibbet (Patrick MacNee). Sent in to slow down Bond and Company is Max Zorin's sadistic and murderous sidekick May Day (Grace Jones), the first of two Bond girls in the film (the other being Tanya Roberts). The expected high-wire confrontations ensue, including a parachute jump off the Eiffel Tower, a drive through the streets of Paris with a car cut in half, and a life-or-death struggle with a blimp on top of the Golden Gate Bridge. This production is most notable for the fact that it marked the final appearance of Roger Moore as the dashing Bond.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 131min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/17/2000
- Director(s): John Glen
- Starring: Roger Moore , Christopher Walken , Tanya Roberts , Grace Jones , Patrick Macnee
- Themes: Race Against Time,Terrorism,Switching Sides
- Tone: Lavish,Sexy,Slick,Stylized
- Keywords: Amazon, earthquake, flood, genetics, tycoon, computers, espionage, microfilm, racehorse, terrorism
- Language: English