Plot & Details
An elderly South Korean woman reflects on the time when her family took in a feral boy whose fierce loyalty resulted in a painful sacrifice. Upon visiting the rural cottage where she was raised, Suni recalls a remarkable chapter from her youth in which her family happened across a hungry, unsocialized orphan. Sympathetic, the family took the child in. Over time, Suni taught him how to read, write, and dine so that he could eventually adjust to life in a civilized culture. But later, when Suni came under threat, the unusually strong struck fear into the hearts of their fellow villagers by defending her with the viciousness of a wild animal. It was then that Suni realized that for the boy to survive, they must part ways. Though she vowed to return for him in the future, that promise remained unfulfilled until the fateful day when she visited her old home, and her memories came flooding back.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Fantasy
- Run Time: 125min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/30/2012
- DVD Release Date: 08/13/2013
- Distributor(s): CJ Entertainment
- Starring: Song Joong-Ki , Park Bo-yeong , Yoo Yeon-seok , Lee Young-Lan , Jang Young-nam
- Themes: Werewolves
- Tone: Bittersweet
- Keywords: civilization, friendship, orphan, protection, werewolf
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-30-2012)
- Language: Korean