Plot & Details
A Woman's Vengeance concerns a "likely" murderer, Henry Maurier, played by Charles Boyer. It is no secret that Maurier is enamored with young Doris (Ann Blyth), but is his love for the girl motive enough for Maurier to murder his invalid wife? Only family friend Dr. Libbard (Sir Cedric Hardwicke) believes in Maurier, and it is Libbard who eventually extracts a confession from the real killer -- just seconds before Maurier is to be executed. Without giving the game away, we'll note that the supporting cast includes Jessica Tandy, Mildred Natwick, and John Williams (Rachel Kempson couldn't have played the murderer, inasmuch as she's the victim). A Woman's Vengeance was adapted by Aldous Huxley (the same) from his own story The Gioconda Smile.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Zoltan Korda
- Starring: Charles Boyer , Ann Blyth , Jessica Tandy , Cedric Hardwicke , Mildred Natwick
- Themes: Race Against Time,Miscarriage of Justice
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: invalid, man, truth, confession [criminal], execution, false-accusation, investigation, murder, trial [courtroom], wife