Plot & Details
The best of Universal-International's followups to Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Abbott & Costello Meet the Invisible Man casts Bud and Lou as mail-order private eyes. The boys champion the cause of boxer Arthur Franz, who has been framed for murder. Utilizing the formula created by Claude Rains in the original Invisible Man (1933), Franz vanishes before Dr. Gavin Muir's astonished eyes. Cloaked by invisibility, Franz talks Bud and Lou into helping him nab the real murderer, gangster Sheldon Leonard. A string of uproarious gags and comic setpieces is highlighted by a boxing-ring finale, wherein Lou, backed up by the invisible Franz, dukes it out with a behemoth prizefighter. A clever special-effects closing gag caps this delightful A&C vehicle.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/07/2004
- Director(s): Charles Lamont
- Starring: Bud Abbott , Lou Costello , Nancy Guild , Arthur Franz , Adele Jergens
- Themes: Boxers,Invisible People
- Tone: Goofy,Irreverent,Light,Madcap
- Keywords: boxing,frame-up,invisibility,murder,name-clearing,private-detective