Plot & Details
David Mamet's play Sexual Perversity in Chicago was adapted for the big screen by fellow Chicago citizen Tim Kazurinsky and became About Last Night... The film stars Rob Lowe as Danny and Demi Moore as Debbie. The pair meet and engage in a torrid sexual relationship, but then slowly negotiate if there is anything more between them. Lowe seeks advice from his loudmouthed friend Bernie (Chicago native James Belushi), whose offers little more than outrageous tales of his randy exploits. Debbie confides in her best friend Joan (Elizabeth Perkins), a bitter, single kindergarten teacher who has lost any hope of finding the right person on the dating scene. Although Danny and Debbie talk, they have trouble communicating. The film ends on a coda that suggests the pair are still unsure as to where their relationship may be headed.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/02/1986
- DVD Release Date: 12/22/1998
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures
- Director(s): Edward Zwick
- Starring: Rob Lowe , Demi Moore , Jim Belushi , Elizabeth Perkins , George DiCenzo
- Themes: Faltering Friendships,Looking For Love
- Tone: Bittersweet,Earnest,Humorous,Sentimental,Talky,Warm
- Keywords: commitment [personal],committed-relationship,couple,friendship,lover,relationship,sex
- Country of Origin: USA (07-01-1986)
- Language: English