Plot & Details
Accused is a British melodrama starring American actor (and confirmed Anglophile) Douglas Fairbanks Jr. Somewhat incongruously cast as an Apache dancer, Fairbanks and his dance partner/wife Dolores Del Rio headline a Paris musical. Fairbanks becomes the unwilling target for the attentions of performer Florence Desmond (the famed British impressionist, here playing a hateful adventuress). Desmond is later murdered with the dagger used by Fairbanks and his wife in their act, and Dolores is accused of the crime. A florid court trial unmasks the real killer. Zoe Akins, a prominent playwright of the 1920s whose once-celebrated works seem somewhat childish today, was one of the scenarists of Accused.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 83min.
- Distributor(s): United Artists
- Director(s): Thornton Freeland
- Starring: Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. , Dolores Del Rio , Florence Desmond , Basil Sydney , Athole Stewart
- Keywords: accusation, dance [art], half-breed, killing, marriage, rejection, sheriff, stars [celebrities], violence, wife, Native-American, death, false-accusation, love, love-triangle, murder, spurned