Plot & Details
Across 110th Street is a violent urban thriller about a corrupt, older white cop (Anthony Quinn) and an honest, young African-American cop (Yaphet Kotto) chasing three robbers-cum-murderers who ran away with $300,000 that belonged to the Italian mob. The police must find them before the sadistic Mafia henchman Nick D'Salvio (Anthony Franciosa) reaches them first. The film has reached a cult status; the title song, performed by Bobby Womack, was later used in Jackie Brown, Quentin Tarantino's extended homage to the crime flicks of the 1970s.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/30/2000
- DVD Release Date: 10/16/2001
- Distributor(s): No Studio
- Director(s): Barry Shear
- Starring: Anthony Quinn , Yaphet Kotto , Anthony Franciosa , Paul Benjamin , Ed Bernard
- Themes: Bank Robbery,Inner City Blues,Dangerous Friends,Police Corruption
- Tone: Cynical,Gritty,Harsh,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: gangster, hitman, loot, money, on-the-run, police-corruption, robbery
- Language: English