Plot & Details
A romantic character study examining the obstacles to intimacy and the compromises we make in the name of love, Adam stars Hugh Dancy as a man living with Asperger's syndrome who does his best to reach out to his pretty new upstairs neighbor. Due to his condition, Adam isn't the best when it comes to communicating. Though he frequently escapes by submersing himself in the world of space exploration, Adam senses an opportunity for a real human connection after Beth (Rose Byrne) moves into the apartment just upstairs. As Adam attempts to gain control of his off-kilter, sometimes embarrassing social skills, he discovers that with a little patience and understanding, developing a meaningful relationship might not be as hard as he previously thought. Peter Gallagher, Amy Irving, Frankie Faison, and Mark Linn-Baker co-star.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/29/2009
- DVD Release Date: 02/02/2010
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Fox Searchlight
- Director(s): Max Mayer
- Starring: Hugh Dancy , Rose Byrne , Peter Gallagher , Amy Irving , Frankie R. Faison
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Mental Illness
- Tone: Bittersweet,Gentle
- Keywords: love,mental-illness,relationship
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-29-2009)
- Language: English