Plot & Details
Director Adolfo Alix Jr. crafts this neo-realistic drama concerning a former radio personality from Manila who now lives at the edge of the massive Bernardo dump site, yet manages to maintain a certain simple dignity despite the main disappointments in her life. Adela (Anita Linda) is a loving grandmother preparing to celebrate her 80th birthday. Though her surroundings may be bleak, the prospect of celebrating her birthday with her daughter and the grandchildren of her eldest son is enough to keep Adela's spirits lifted. After helping one of her neighbors successfully deliver a baby, Adela is invited into their home to celebrate. Later, as Adela goes about her daily chores, her restrained honor and haunting loneliness are both plain to see. Her family has been forced apart by destitution and corruption, leaving Adela to fend for herself rather than resting easy thanks to the kindness of loved ones.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/16/2009
- Director(s): Adolfo Alix Jr.
- Starring: Anita Linda , Joem Bascon , Jason Abalos , Angeli Bayani , Arnold Reyes
- Themes: Golden Years
- Tone: Intimate,Reflective
- Keywords: birthday, childbirth, grandmother, loneliness
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-16-2009)
- Language: Tagalog