Plot & Details
A recently widowed woman in her early 40s receives a visit from a younger engineer. After the funeral of her husband, the two fall in love and marry. The woman's teenage daughter has eyes for her new stepfather and lets him know her attraction in no uncertain terms. Soon the man is sleeping with mother and daughter while mom keeps silent to keep peace on the home front. The daughter is soon courted by a young man with marriage on his mind, but he shoots the stepfather in a hunting accident. Mother and daughter care for him as he recovers from his wounds. When officials come to the house to give the engineer a coveted award, they leave when they see the house appears to be deserted. Sealed off from the outside world, the trio continues their unusual menage-a-trois, as mother and daughter vie for the man's affections.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Director(s): Jean-Daniel Simon
- Starring: Ingrid Thulin , Jean Sorel , Sylvie Fennec , Faith Brook , Jacques Portet
- Themes: Love Triangles,Mothers and Daughters
- Tone: Passionate,Reflective,Sentimental
- Keywords: daughter, engineering, funeral, love, love-triangle, mother, remarriage, teenagers, widow/widower
- Country of Origin: France (08-21-1968),Italy (09-11-1968)