Adrift in Manhattan, the third feature effort of Hispanic writer/director Alfredo de Villa (Washington Heights, Yellow), intercuts three intensely dramatic stories of life during a cold New York winter, each of which revolves around the concept (and thematic motif) of vision. In the first, an eye doctor grieving from a traumatic loss (Heather Graham) must reexamine her life and priorities; in the second, an artist of advanced age must contend with encroaching blindness -- thus losing the one of his five senses that represents his greatest asset; in the third, a photographer grapples with inner turmoil. De Villa brings these stories together for an unanticipated intersection on a Manhattan subway line, and watches as these individuals -- initially, complete strangers to one another -- help to guide each other through their struggles, pain, and angst. William Baldwin and Erika Michaels co-star.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/21/2007
- DVD Release Date: 01/22/2008
- Distributor(s): Screen Media Films
Alfredo de Villa
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Age Disparity Romance,Death of a Child,Stalkers,Intersecting Lives,Existential Crisis
- Tone: Downbeat,Gloomy,Melancholy,Moody
artist, blindness [physical], doctor, life-changes, life-choices, photographer, priorities, vision [eyesight]
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-21-2007)
- Language: English