Plot & Details
With the advent of DNA evidence, a number of convicted criminals have been able to finally be exonerated of crimes they'd never committed in the first place. Naturally, this has added a good deal of fuel to the debates surrounding the American judicial system and capital punishment. In this documentary, Academy Award-nominated director Jessica Sanders takes a look at not only the process of freeing the wrongly convicted but the obstacles that face the prisoners once they are finally freed and attempt return to mainstream society. After Innocence premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/21/2005
- DVD Release Date: 02/06/2007
- Distributor(s): New Yorker
- Director(s): Jessica Sanders
- Themes: Miscarriage of Justice,Starting Over
- Tone: Compassionate,Earnest,Intimate,Melancholy,Poignant
- Keywords: DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid), adjustment, evidence, exoneration, innocence, prison, struggle, transformation, transition
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-21-2005)
- Language: English