Plot & Details
In this caper movie from director Brett Ratner, two brilliant criminals are lured out of retirement...or are they? Max Burdett (Pierce Brosnan) is a master jewel thief who, with the help of his accomplice and lover Lola Cirillo (Salma Hayek), has stolen two of the three Napoleon diamonds, among the most valuable gems on Earth. Stanley Lloyd (Woody Harrelson) is an FBI agent who has been on Burdett's trail for years and is especially eager to bring him to justice after a humiliating incident in which Max swiped one of the Napoleons out from under Stanley's nose. But word has it that Max and Lola have abandoned their lives of crime, and they've taken up residence on an idyllic island in the Bahamas, where they're living the good life on their ill-gotten fortune. Lloyd is not convinced they're out of the game for good, and when he learns that the third Napoleon diamond will be on display aboard a cruise ship headed in Max's direction, Lloyd joins forces with Sophie (Naomie Harris), a Paradise Island police detective, to catch Max and Lola red handed. Henry Moore (Don Cheadle), an expatriate American gangster who also lives on the island, doesn't believe Max has gone straight either and tries to rope him into stealing the jewel for him.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/12/2004
- DVD Release Date: 03/29/2005
- Distributor(s): New Line
- Director(s): Brett Ratner
- Starring: Pierce Brosnan , Salma Hayek , Woody Harrelson , Don Cheadle , Naomie Harris
- Themes: One Last Heist,Cons and Scams,Bumbling Cops,Jewel Theft
- Tone: Easygoing,Light,Slick,Summery
- Keywords: Bahamas,cruise,expatriate,island,jewel-robbery,retirement
- Country of Origin: USA (11-12-2004)
- Language: English