It's nine am. You've just dropped your kid off at school. Pick-up is at four. No one knows where you are, and no one needs you. So what now? Rachel is a quick-witted and lovable, yet tightly coiled, thirty-something steeped in the creative class of Los Angeles's bohemian, affluent Silver Lake neighborhood. Everything looks just right-chic modernist home, successful husband, adorable child and hipster wardrobe. But when she visits a strip club to spice up her marriage and gets a private dance from McKenna, something cracks open. Rachel returns to the scene of the dance to get to know McKenna, and soon after, adopt her as a live-in nanny. This bold move unleashes unimagined and colorful waves of change into Rachel's life, marriage and community.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/30/2013
- DVD Release Date: 02/18/2014
- Distributor(s): The Film Arcade
- Themes: Suburban Dysfunction,Crumbling Marriages,Prostitutes,Unlikely Friendships
- Tone: Angry,Biting,Quirky,Talky
community, dissatisfaction, stripper, wife
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-30-2013)
- Language: English