Plot & Details
Rolf de Heer's psychological thriller Alexandra's Project captures a turning point in a very unhappy marriage. Steve (Gary Sweet) and Alexandra (Helen Buday) have two children and numerous grievances against each other. After a birthday in which Steve received a birthday cake and a raise at his job, Steve arrives home to find his family is gone and a videotape awaiting his viewing. On the tape, Alexandra lists all of her frustrations and begins to strip for the camera. She then reveals that she suffers from breast cancer. Before the now emotionally reeling Steve can recover, he learns that Alexandra has paid to have the neighbor he hates change the locks in the house. Steve is trapped inside with little to do but think about what he has done to his wife, and his only company is the video that continues to provide disturbing information.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/14/2005
- DVD Release Date: 11/07/2006
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Rolf de Heer
- Starring: Gary Sweet , Helen Buday , Bogdan Koca
- Themes: Suburban Dysfunction,Treacherous Spouses,Crumbling Marriages,Trapped or Confined,Mind Games
- Tone: Claustrophobic,Disturbing,Forceful,Sexual,Tense
- Keywords: birthday, breast-cancer, imprisonment, trapped, video-tape, wife
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-18-2005)
- Language: English