Plot & Details
Future action spectacular maestro Johnny To spins this melodrama based loosely on divorce drama Kramer vs. Kramer. Former motorcycle racer Long (Chow Yun-fat) supports his young son Porky (Wong Kwan-yuen) working as a lowly construction worker. Though they struggle to get by, Long and his son live happily. One day, Sylvia (Sylvia Chang) -- the kid's mother -- shows up after an extended stint in America. A successful ad exec, she casts her son in a television commercial she is producing. Soon Sylvia's long-dormant maternal feelings come rushing to the fore. A flashback shows that Sylvia dumped Long when she discovered Long with another woman. Her mother told Sylvia that her child was born dead before her mom fobbed him off onto Long. Deciding that Long with his crude ways and blue-collar income would be a poor influence on her son, Sylvia tries to get Porky to come back with her to the States. Porky resists and vows to help his dad try to restart his racing career. Chow Yun-fat won a Golden Horse for his acting performance in this movie.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/29/2006
- DVD Release Date: 08/14/2001
- Director(s): Johnny To
- Themes: Class Differences,Down on Their Luck,Single Parents,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Tearjerking,Compassionate,Bittersweet,Drab,Reflective
- Keywords: divorce, imprisonment, love, reunion, family, prison
- Language: Cantonese