Plot & Details
Brother and sister Ty and Linh love their father and their Vietnamese heritage, but tensions within their family begin to brim when their dad's unrealistic expectations begin to take their toll. Linh is engaged to a Buddhist man - whose faith she is keeping a secret from her fiercely Catholic father, since she knows he won't approve. Meanwhile, college aged Ty is finding more and more that being "good enough" in his father's eyes is simply an unattainable goal. Forced to examine themselves and their relationship with their dad, it soon becomes apparent that the only way for their family to survive is for their father to let go.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/23/2009
- DVD Release Date: 12/01/2009
- Director(s): Mark Tran
- Starring: David Huynh , Chi Pham , Yen Ly , Steven Cloyes , Nanrisa Lee
- Themes: Parenthood,Redemption,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Bittersweet,Poignant,Sentimental
- Keywords: Buddhism, Catholicism, family, father
- Language: English