Plot & Details
The British All Night Long is Othello to a jazz beat. Paul Harris is the Othello counterpart, a bandleader happily married to "Desdemona" Marti Stevens. Patrick McGoohan plays the film's funky Iago character, who covets Harris' job. McGoohan hopes to unnerve Harris by spreading rumors that Stevens has been unfaithful. Like the 1956 Joe MacBeth, All Night Long can either be taken seriously or as what used to be called 'high camp." Jazz aficionados will appreciate the brief appearances by Dave Brubeck, Johnny Dankworth, Paul Mingus, Tubby Hayes, Charles Mingus, Kenny Napper and several other top musicians. Also showing up in a cameo role is dancing star Geoffrey Holder, who wouldn't make a bad Othello (or Iago) himself.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Distributor(s): J. Arthur Rank Productions
- Director(s): Basil Dearden
- Starring: Patrick McGoohan , Marti Stevens , Betsy Blair
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Mind Games,Musician's Life
- Tone: Moody
- Keywords: competition, jealousy, man, plans, racism, wife, business, extramarital-affair, jazz, musician, rival, wager
- Language: English