Plot & Details
Screenwriter John Hamburg directs his second film (since his 1998 debut Safe Men) with the romantic comedy Along Came Polly. Ben Stiller plays Reuben Feffer, a professional risk assessor who never takes chances in any aspect of his life. When his new bride Lisa (Debra Messing) leaves him for a European scuba instructor named Claude (Hank Azaria), he finally decides to a risk of his own. At a party, he meets free-spirited Polly Prince (Jennifer Aniston), whom he remembers from his seventh-grade Model U.N. Unlike the control-freak Reuben, she's spent her life living on the edge. They reluctantly begin a romance and Polly introduces him to a new world of spicy food and suggestive dances. Along Came Polly also stars Philip Seymour Hoffman as Reuben's washed-up best friend Sandy Lyle and Alec Baldwin as the obnoxious insurance company boss Stan Indursky.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/16/2004
- DVD Release Date: 06/08/2004
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): John Hamburg
- Starring: Ben Stiller , Jennifer Aniston , Philip Seymour Hoffman , Debra Messing , Alec Baldwin
- Themes: Romantic Betrayal,Infidelity,Opposites Attract,Date from Hell
- Tone: Easygoing,Light,Raunchy,Whimsical
- Keywords: best-man [wedding],extramarital-affair,free-spirit,insurance-agent,insurance-company,marriage,scuba-diving
- Country of Origin: USA (01-16-2004)
- Language: English