Plot & Details
The 1987 portmanteau comedy feature Amazon Women on the Moon lampoons several film genres in general and the 1954 sci-fi cheapie Cat Women of the Moon in particular. Other sketches in Amazon Women include an opening bit with Arsenio Hall; a vignette titled "Son of the Invisible Man" wherein a naked Ed Begley Jr. runs around in full view of the nonplussed supporting cast; the It's Alive parody "Hospital", which offers the spectacle of Michelle Pfeiffer giving birth to Mr. Potato Head; and a Siskel & Ebert takeoff, featuring Arche Hahn as a TV viewer whose entire life is given a "thumbs down." Directed by several hands, including Joe Dante, Carl Gottleib, Peter Horton, John Landis, and Robert K. Weiss, Amazon Women on the Moon also features a satire of the Kroger G. Babb school of "sex hygiene" exploitation cheapies, with syphilis victim Carrie Fisher being counseled by unctuous doctor Paul Bartel.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/18/1987
- DVD Release Date: 09/09/1998
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Carl Gottlieb, John Landis
- Starring: Rosanna Arquette , Ralph Bellamy , Carrie Fisher , Griffin Dunne , Steve Guttenberg
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Mad Scientists,Filmmaking
- Tone: Humorous,Irreverent,Satirical,Silly,Witty
- Keywords: invisibility,media,performer,skits,television
- Country of Origin: USA (09-18-1987)
- Language: English