In this biting cinéma vérité, director Nanette Burstein follows a group of five Indiana high-school seniors as they navigate the social mazes of adolescence, prepare for graduation, and generally deal with the often surprising and strange situations that arise simply from being 17. Incorporating intimate footage, interviews, and animation, Burstein reveals all the gritty details about life as a teenager in Midwestern America, from drugs, alcohol, and depression to cliques, first love, and heartbreak.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/25/2008
- DVD Release Date: 12/02/2008
- Distributor(s): Paramount Vantage
- Themes: High School Life,Small-Town Life,Teen Angst,Cliques
adolescence, athlete, clique, graduation, high-school, nerd, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (07-25-2008)
- Language: English