Jennifer Lopez stars in this gritty, emotional drama as police officer Sharon Pogue, who covers up a painful past with an anger that fuels her job performance in one of Chicago's toughest precincts. Although her partner Robby (Terrence Howard) is concerned about Sharon, she won't confide even in her closest friend. Sharon's life takes a turn, however, when she's saved from a violent assault by Catch Lambert (James Caviezel), a haunted, enigmatic do-gooder whose guardian-angel deeds make him a hero to some, like disabled shut-in Elanora Davis (Shirley Knight). Sharon becomes romantically involved with Catch, with whom she has more in common than she imagines, as Catch is also tortured by a painful, traumatic event from his past. Angel Eyes, which is directed by Luis Mandoki and written by Gerald DiPego, co-stars Sonia Braga, Alfonso Arau, Jeremy Sisto, and Victor Argo.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/18/2001
- DVD Release Date: 10/16/2001
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Themes: Domestic Abuse,Mysterious Strangers,Starting Over,Haunted By the Past
- Tone: Eerie,Melancholy,Earnest,Gloomy,Moody,Somber
accident, car, father, mother, police-officer, spouse-abuse
- Country of Origin: USA (05-18-2001)
- Language: English