Plot & Details
The original "honor student by day, hooker by night" melodrama, Angel stars Donna Wilkes in the title role. During the daylight hours, the 15-year-old Angel is known as Molly, a model prep school student. Devoid of parents, Molly must find some way to keep up the cash flow, so she hits the Hollywood mean streets as a prostitute. While we thankfully don't see Angel "in action", as it were, the film makes up in violence what it lacks in raw sex. Psycho John Diehl is on the loose murdering prostitutes; detective Cliff Gorman tries to stem the murder spree, but soon the hooker ranks are sorely diminished, leaving Angel the next likely target. With the help of such friends as ex-cowboy star Rory Calhoun and transvestite Dick Shawn, Angel manages to avoid becoming a statistic. We're not giving anything away here: after all, there was a 1986 sequel, Avenging Angel.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 94min.
- Director(s): Robert O'Neil
- Starring: Cliff Gorman , Susan Tyrrell , Dick Shawn , Rory Calhoun , John Diehl
- Themes: Double Life,Prostitutes
- Keywords: high-school, killing, maniac, student, tuition, POW/MIA, bad-guy, double-life, good-guy, murder, prostitute/prostitution, revenge, sex, teenagers