Plot & Details
Veteran action filmmaker John Woo produces this sequel to the 2004 film Appleseed. Partners both at home and on the battlefield, Deunan, a young but skillful warrior, and Briareos, an experienced cyborg soldier, protect the utopian city of Olympus, where the last of humanity dwells in peace following a war that's killed off the rest of the world's population. As members of the elite police squad E.S.W.A.T., they take their orders from Gaia, an artificial intelligence that governs the city through the use of biologically engineered humanoids called Bioroids. Trouble stirs when Gaia engineers a new member for E.S.W.A.T. based on Briareos' DNA. The new team member, Tereus, looks and acts eerily like the old Briaros, before so much of his body was replaced with robotics following the war. Even more disconcerting, Tereus seems to have the same feelings as Briareos for Deunan!
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/17/2007
- DVD Release Date: 03/11/2008
- Distributor(s): Warner Home Video
- Director(s): Shinji Aramaki
- Starring: Ai Kobayashi , Kouichi Yamadera , Yuji Kishi , Miyuki Sawashiro , Naoko Kouda
- Themes: Future Dystopias,Post-Apocalypse,Task Forces,Biotechnology [Anime]
- Tone: Gritty,Rousing,Tense
- Keywords: artificial-intelligence, cyborg, soldier
- Country of Origin: Japan (10-20-2007)
- Language: English,Japanese