Plot & Details
Thanks to a bureaucratic blunder, the US State Department invites brassy showgirl Doris Day to attend a chi-chi arts festival in Paris. En route to the City of Light, Day falls in love with diplomat corps flunkey Ray Bolger (who's responsible for the error), even though he's married to witchy Eve Miller. The marriage turns out to be invalid, clearing the path for a happy ending. None of the songs in April in Paris are worth remembering, though the dancing by Bolger and Day is well up to the standards of both performers. The romantic scenes, however, fail to hold up: after all, we're talking The Scarecrow and the World's Oldest Virgin here!
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 100min.
- Director(s): David Butler
- Starring: Wendy Craig , Doris Day , Francis Matthews , Ray Bolger , John Wood
- Themes: Americans Abroad,Infidelity,Vacation Romances
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Heartwarming,Humorous,Lavish,Light,Springlike,Sweet
- Keywords: Parisian, State-Department, diplomat, festival, marriage, showgirl