Filmmaker Terry Zwigoff and comic artist and screenwriter Daniel Clowes, who collaborated for the acclaimed 2001 comedy-drama Ghost World, team up once again for this offbeat satire. Jerome (Max Minghella) is an aspiring artist who arrives at a prestigious East Coast art institute to study. While Jerome enjoys daydreams of becoming the best-respected painter on Earth and winning the hearts of his female classmates, he soon learns the sad truth -- his "cool artist" act is old hat in the big city, and as he's surrounded by every art school cliché on Earth, practically nothing about him stands out. Determined to be recognized whatever the consequences, Jerome maps out a bizarre plan to become famous that has some unexpected consequences. Loosely adapted from a story in Clowes' comic book Eightball, Art School Confidential also stars John Malkovich, Jim Broadbent, Anjelica Huston, and Sophia Myles.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/05/2006
- DVD Release Date: 10/10/2006
- Distributor(s): Sony Classics
- Themes: Murder Investigations,College Life,Life in the Arts
- Tone: Wry,Biting,Deadpan,Irreverent,Cynical,Satirical
art-school, artist, celebrity, jealousy, student
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-05-2006)
- Language: English