Plot & Details
Mathieu Kassovitz's Assassins(s) stars Michel Serrault as Mr. Wagner. For over 40 years, Mr. Wagner has been a successful assassin, but now he is 70; his hands tremble and his eyesight and reflexes are rapidly failing. Mr. Wagner is ready to retire, but first he must find a successor. Max (Mathieu Kassovitz) is 25 years old. He augments his salary as a welder by committing petty crimes. With his emotions dulled from many years of watching television and his reflexes perfected from countless hours of video gaming, he seems to Wagner, the perfect protégé. In addition to teaching Max how to handle his weapons and techniques for killing, Mr. Wagner also teaches him about the ethics of assassination. Unfortunately, Max seems to have a short attention span and operates with a set of different rules; these quirks manifest themselves when he goes out on his first solo hit. This examination on the harmful effects of pop culture was screened at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Horror
- Run Time: 134min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/06/1995
- Director(s): Mathieu Kassovitz
- Starring: Mathieu Kassovitz , Michel Serrault , Mehdi Benoufa , Robert Gendreu
- Themes: Generation Gap,Mentors,Hired Killers
- Tone: Cynical,Disturbing,Satirical
- Keywords: ethics, hitman, mentor, protegé, retirement, television, youth
- Country of Origin: France (05-16-1997)
- Language: French