Plot & Details
A man is given an unusual opportunity at a second chance in life in this drama. John Nolan (Jeff Goldblum) is a successful but unsatisfied insurance agent whose life takes an unexpected turn one day when he happens to witness a robbery at a liquor store that goes horribly wrong. The store's counterman is shot in the midst of the confusion, and as he dies, Nolan discovers his name is Auggie Rose (Kim Coates) and that he had been released from prison only a few days earlier. Nolan is certain he was somehow responsible for the tragic shooting, and promises to honor his final wish by passing a message along to Lucy (Anne Heche), a woman who had been corresponding with Auggie while he was behind bars. When Nolan meets Lucy, he decides to tell her he's Auggie Rose, and soon he finds himself living a double life, romancing Lucy as Auggie while trying to keep up appearances with his wife (Nancy Travis). Auggie Rose was originally announced to star William H. Macy as John Nolan, but when scheduling conflicts forced Macy to drop out of the project, Jeff Goldblum signed on, less than two weeks before shooting began.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/01/2001
- DVD Release Date: 07/24/2001
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Matthew Tabak
- Starring: Jeff Goldblum , Anne Heche , Nancy Travis , Timothy Olyphant , Richard T. Jones
- Themes: Assumed Identities,Double Life
- Keywords: double-life, ex-convict, identity, insurance-agent, second-chance, witness
- Language: English