Plot & Details
Ginger Rogers slipped off her dancing shoes to play one of her best comic roles as Polly Parish, a salesgirl at a large department store. Single and with no steady beau, Polly leads a quiet life until she discovers a baby left at her doorstep. While puzzled by this development, Polly feels for the child and decides to adopt the baby. However, most of her co-workers raise their eyebrows at Polly's new status as a single mother, believing that she's actually the mother. The owner of the store where Polly works, J.B. Merlin (Charles Coburn), is taken aback, and his son David (David Niven), who has a reputation as a ladies' man, is dispatched to lead Polly back to the straight-and-narrow. Bachelor Mother was remade in 1956 as Bundle of Joy, a vehicle for then-married Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/10/2004
- Distributor(s): RKO Radio Pictures
- Director(s): Garson Kanin
- Starring: Ginger Rogers , David Niven , Charles Coburn , Frank Albertson , E.E. Clive
- Themes: Single Parents
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Sweet,Warm
- Keywords: abandonment,adoption,false-accusation,love,mistaken-identity,romance,salesperson,scandal,soldier,toddlers