Plot & Details
Set during the Civil War, Bad Company stars Barry Brown as a Northern boy, Drew Dixon, who heads West to avoid getting drafted. He falls under the spell of Jake Rumsey (Jeff Bridges), an easygoing young con artist. Drew joins Jake's gang of boy bandits, who live by their wits and try to avoid confrontation with adult criminals like Big Joe (David Huddleston). It is Drew who must eventually save Jake from hanging, even though he realizes that his intervention could lead to his own execution.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Westerns
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/09/2001
- DVD Release Date: 06/04/2002
- Director(s): Robert Benton
- Themes: Cons and Scams,Sheriffs and Outlaws,Crime Sprees
- Tone: Atmospheric,Bittersweet,Downbeat,Gritty,Lyrical,Matter-of-Fact,Understated,Wistful,Wry
- Keywords: outlaw [Western], con/scam, draft-dodger, freedom, friendship, frontier, hanging, loyalty, on-the-road, robbery, west
- Language: English