Plot & Details
Banyon is an A-number-one detective yarn set (very accurately) in the 1930s. Robert Forster, emulating John Garfield in virtually every scene, plays private eye Miles C. Banyon. Right now he's in dutch because a beautiful young woman has been found murdered--and Banyon's gun was the murder weapon. This state of affairs plunges the detective into a maelstrom of deceit and double-cross involving (among many elements) a Winchell-style radio commentator (Jose Ferrer), a paroled big-time gangster, a scar-faced assassin, and a Nazi Bund camp. Once he solves the main mystery, Banyon is faced with the unhappy Maltese Falcon task of exposing a close friend as a murderer. First telecast March 15, 1971, Banyon spawned a brief TV series one year later, with Robert Forster still in the lead.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 100min.
- Director(s): Robert Day
- Starring: Robert Forster , Darren McGavin , José Ferrer , Anjanette Comer , Herb Edelman
- Themes: Miscarriage of Justice,Private Eyes
- Tone: Atmospheric,Cynical,Gritty,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: gangster, investigator, killing, artist, detective, investigation, lawyer, murder, robbery