Plot & Details
Graphic designer Daniel Goldstein leads the fight to prevent government and big business from razing an historic, Brooklyn, N.Y. neighborhood to make way for a more than a dozen skyscrapers and a new basketball arena for the New Jersey Nets. When the local government announced they would be using eminent domain laws to level the Prospect Heights neighborhood and make way for the Atlantic Yards project, the locals became deeply divided; while some saw the project as a way to bring jobs to the area, others were enraged at the thought of being forcefully evicted from their homes. Later, the government awarded the contract to Forest City Ratner -- a private contractor -- and the wheels of change were set into motion. As construction begins, tensions flare and it begins to appear as if the opponents of the project have run out of options.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/17/2011
- DVD Release Date: 01/15/2013
- Distributor(s): Rumur, Inc.
- Director(s): Michael Galinsky, Suki Hawley
- Themes: Fighting the System,Stop the Wrecking Ball
- Tone: Reflective
- Keywords: development, eviction, neighborhood, project [plan], protest, urban-planning
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-17-2011)
- Language: English