Plot & Details
Part of American-International's "Beach Party" series, Beach Blanket Bingo was directed by William Asher. Frankie (Frankie Avalon) briefly deserts Dee Dee (Annette Funicello) in favor of pop star Sugar Kane (Linda Evans). Also around and about is a mermaid, appropriately named Lorelei (Marta Kristen). Scurrilous cycle gang leader Eric Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) finds time to sing a tune, while Paul Lynde sneers a lot, Don Rickles insults a lot, Buster Keaton mimes a lot, and columnist Earl Wilson lets everybody know who he is by exclaiming "That's Earl, brother." The whole cast rushes to the rescue when South Dakota Slim (Timothy Carey) binds the lovely Sugar Kane to a buzzsaw.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/01/2006
- DVD Release Date: 06/05/2001
- Distributor(s): American International Pictures
- Director(s): William Asher
- Starring: Frankie Avalon , Annette Funicello , Deborah Walley , Harvey Lembeck , John Ashley
- Themes: Generation Gap,Romantic Betrayal,Vacation Romances,Party Film
- Tone: Bright,Campy,Easygoing,Humorous,Madcap,Rousing,Stylized,Summery
- Keywords: beach, biker, boyfriend, girlfriend, kidnapping, love-triangle, mermaid, singer
- Country of Origin: USA (04-15-1965)
- Language: English