Bill (Michael Sheen) and Kate (Maria Bello) hopelessly try to find some hint of an explanation after finding out that their only son committed a mass shooting at his university before taking his own life. They struggle numbly through the funeral, the media onslaught, and the awkward pity from relatives and friends. Their already strained marriage is tested as they realize all they have left with each other is their shared grief and confusion-and the unfortunate legacy of their son. This life-altering event forces Bill and Kate to face their feelings of guilt, rage, blame, self-discovery -- and ultimately hope-- so that they can finally see each other and their chance for happiness again with clear eyes.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/03/2011
- DVD Release Date: 10/11/2011
- Distributor(s): Anchor Bay
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Death of a Child,Crime Sprees
- Tone: Gloomy,Melancholy,Somber
marriage-problems, killing-spree, marital-problems, tragedy
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-03-2011)
- Language: English