Plot & Details
Filmmaker Aaron Rose celebrates the independent spirit of D.I.Y. (do-it-yourself) culture in this documentary detailing how a group of like-minded American artists emerged from the underground in the early 1990s to have an enormous impact on the worlds of fashion, film, art, music, and pop culture in general. With virtually no connection to the mainstream art world, the ten artists featured in Beautiful Losers somehow managed to become the strongest creative voices of their generation.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/02/2008
- DVD Release Date: 12/08/2009
- Director(s): Aaron Rose
- Themes: Bohemian Life,Life in the Arts
- Tone: Nostalgic,Wistful,Quirky
- Keywords: art-history,subculture,avant-garde
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-08-2008)
- Language: English