Diane Keaton stars as a unconditionally loving, but meddling, mother whose vain attempt to prevent her insecure youngest daughter from repeating the same mistakes that she made leads to a series of comic misunderstandings in director Michael Lehmann's affectionate family comedy. When it comes to the topic of motherhood, Daphne Wilder (Keaton) has seen it all. Her eldest daughter, Maggie (Lauren Graham), is a highly respected psychologist and her middle daughter, Mae (Piper Perabo), is both sexy and smart, but youngest Milly (Mandy Moore) just can't seem to get things right no matter how hard she tries. Recognizing that the romantic exploits of her charming-but-struggling youngest always seem to end in tears, concerned mother Daphne vows to find Millie the perfect man. Though she always means well, Daphne's misguided attempt to set her daughter up by placing a carefully worded personal ad proves once and for all that even the most well-intending of mothers can sometimes overstep their boundaries.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/02/2007
- DVD Release Date: 05/08/2007
- Distributor(s): Universal
Tom Everett Scott
- Themes: Looking For Love,Matchmakers,Sibling Relationships,Mothers and Daughters
- Tone: Whimsical,Light,Sweet,Sentimental,Upbeat
insecurity, misguided, misunderstanding, personal-ad, psychology
- Country of Origin: USA (02-02-2007)
- Language: English