It's not finishing school or a traditional upbringing that causes ten-year-old Opal to learn about the world outside of her own backyard, but rather a particularly awkward-looking mutt named Winn-Dixie. Based on a novel by Kate DiCamillo, Winn-Dixie and Opal not only become privy to the eventful, if eccentric, lives of their neighbors (including a librarian who fought off a bear with nothing but a novel, a blind woman who claims to "see" with her heart, and a sensitive ex-con turned pet store clerk), but Opal herself manages to reconcile some of the depression left over after her mother had abandoned the family seven years earlier.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Family
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/18/2005
- DVD Release Date: 08/09/2005
- Distributor(s): Fox
Eva Marie Saint
- Themes: Man's Best Friend,Mischievous Children,Fathers and Daughters
- Tone: Affectionate,Heartwarming,Light,Sentimental,Whimsical
depression, dog, friendship, mother, neighbor, neighborhood, pets
- Country of Origin: USA (02-18-2005)
- Language: English