Plot & Details
Myrna Loy returns as Mrs. Gilbreth -- efficiency expert, industrial engineer, and mother of twelve -- in this sequel to Cheaper By The Dozen. After the death of her husband, Gilbreth is forced to take over as the family's primary breadwinner, but she soon discovers that not every company who hired her and her husband in the past is eager to work with her on her own. Facing prejudice from many of her prospective clients, Gilbreth finally makes good training engineers for Sam Harper (Edward Arnold), putting her family back on solid financial ground. In the meantime, the dozen Gilbreth children are growing up, most notably eldest daughter Ann (Jeanne Crain), who enters into a serious romance with Bob Grayson (Jeffrey Hunter), a young doctor. The supporting cast includes Hoagy Carmichael, Debra Paget, Barbara Bates and Robert Arthur.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/20/2004
- DVD Release Date: 03/16/2004
- Director(s): Henry Levin
- Starring: Jeanne Crain , Myrna Loy , Debra Paget , Jeffrey Hunter , Edward Arnold
- Themes: Eccentric Families,Single Parents
- Tone: Affectionate,Compassionate,Gentle,Heartwarming,Sweet,Warm
- Keywords: adversity, business, child, daughter, education, employment, engineering, loot, mother, prejudice, struggle, training, triumph, widow/widower, woman, death-in-family, federal-agent, large-family, undercover
- Language: English