Plot & Details
This unconventional documentary profiles the life and career of photographer Bert Stern. Nicknamed the "Original Madman," Stern began working in the mail room of Look Magazine, where he became friends with then-staff photographer Stanley Kubrick. As he learned the tricks of the trade, Stern worked his way up to an advertising campaign for Smirnoff, and ultimately became a fixture of the international fashion scene. Among his celebrity subjects are Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot, Twiggy, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marilyn Monroe.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/05/2013
- DVD Release Date: 07/16/2013
- Distributor(s): First Run Features
- Director(s): Shannah Laumeister
- Starring: Bert Stern , Shannah Laumeister , Judith Crist
- Themes: Life in the Arts
- Tone: Earnest,Reflective
- Keywords: advertising, fashion, photographer
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-05-2013)
- Language: English