Plot & Details
Dudley Moore and Eddie Murphy try but fail to bring this flat comedy to life, while the story itself is hampered by intercutting between the years of 1982 in Los Angeles (Moore) and 1984 in Kuwait (Murphy), with no explanation of how these two disparate people and locations are related. Wylie (Moore) is an inept engineer trying to perfect a gyro system for his employers who contract projects with the U.S. defense department. Wylie accidentally gets some blueprints for another type of gyro -- and his company successfully manufactures the part, much to almost everyone's benefit. Unfortunately, these plans are coveted by a certain ruthless industrial spy (David Rasche), and the FBI itself is suspicious about the origins of the blueprints in Wylie's hands. Meanwhile (and in constant interspersed segments), Landry (Murphy) is trying to get his tank to stay on course, but no matter what he does the machine swerves and lunges at random -- could there be a gyro at fault here?
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 94min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/27/2004
- Director(s): Willard Huyck
- Starring: Dudley Moore , Eddie Murphy , Kate Capshaw , Helen Shaver , George Dzundza
- Themes: Office Politics,Ladder to the Top,Fighting the System,Success is the Best Revenge,Military Life
- Tone: Irreverent,Biting,Humorous,Madcap,Ironic
- Keywords: espionage,military,rampage,secrets,tank [vehicle],tank-battle,technology,weapons