Plot & Details
In this remake of Outward Bound, which updated the story to include topical refences to the war still raging in Europe, Henry (Paul Henreid) and Ann (Eleanor Parker) are a couple from Austria hoping to escape Nazi bombings. They are en route to a ship leaving Europe when an explosion throws them from their car and leaves many passersby dead. Despondent and unable to meet the ship, the couple return to their apartment and decide to commit suicide by turning on the gas. They awake to find themselves on a ship shrouded in fog and carrying many passengers, among them Tom Prior (John Garfield), a wisecracking reporter who was also a witness to the earlier bombing. Henry and Ann discover that the ship is actually Limbo, a waiting station between Heaven and Hell, where Mr. Thompson (Sydney Greenstreet) will determine their final destination for eternity.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 112min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/12/1995
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Edward A. Blatt
- Starring: John Garfield , Paul Henreid , Sydney Greenstreet , Eleanor Parker , Edmund Gwenn
- Keywords: Nazism,afterlife,agent [representative],anchorperson,boating,bomb,chance,compassion,couple,crew,death,eternity,fog,invasion,life,limbo,limousine,passenger,past,realization,return,sailing,suicide,teenagers,violence