Plot & Details
This dreadfully unfunny horror-comedy is notable only for fans of Vic Tayback (Mel from TV's Alice), here in his final role as a goofy mortician who teams up with an even-goofier mad scientist (Frank Gorshin, doing a Boris Karloff impression for the length of the film) to concoct a method of reanimating cadavers, unwittingly financed by the local mob boss (Art Metrano). They are assisted in their work by the boss's nephews, sort of teenage versions of Burke & Hare (or is it Bill & Ted?), sent there to keep tabs on how their uncle's money is being spent. No prizes guessing whose corpse ends up rising from the slab to make them an offer they can't refuse. This could have been darkly-funny fare in more experienced hands; instead we're left with a film that's dead on arrival.
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 85min.
- Distributor(s): Shapiro Glickenhaus Entertainment
- Director(s): Jonathan Mostow
- Starring: Vic Tayback , Frank Gorshin , Art Metrano , Rodney Eastman , Warren Selko
- Keywords: gangster, godfather [guardian], mortician, get-rich-quick-scheme, mad-scientist, rampage, zombie